||.: Alfa Romeo 156 buyers guide :.
- Check that Air Con is working
- Look for corrosion over windscreen and on roof
- Listen for clunks from front ball joints
- Cam variator rattles from Twin Sparks (read more here)
- Check for flaky paint on front bumper (read more here)
- Make sure rear brakes haven't seized/corroded
- Check if all interior/dashboard lighting is still working
- Check engine under tray isn't smashed - it'll ground out otherwise.
- Check suspension for creaks over bumps (read more here)
- Check alarm arms properly
- Check for oil leaks (it stungs a fortune for leaky balancer shaft seals)
- Run air con on coldest setting whilst you test drive it then feel round
the spongy gasket on the plastic housing in the middle of the bulkhead to see if it gets wet.
- Test drive it in the wet and go through every puddle you can find - then check
the carpets for water. (read more here)
- If you're buying from a dealer dont take the warranty if its a WHA warranty (they're 5hite)
- Check edge of drivers seat for wear on the piping.
- Check when the cam belt was last changed! (read more here)
Thanks to the guys at the alfaowner.com forum for help with this page.
And please DO REMEMBER: these things does not happen with every car!
These are only advices on what to look for! :)